The Superhero Foundry Class Schedule
The Superhero Foundry is open most days and offers a versatile schedule of classes. Please consult the class schedule. To book a class or reserve studio time for private classes, please contact us or call us directly at 702-785-3111
You don’t see a registration form? That’s because we insist you take a trial class before you sign up.
Contact us to make an appointment.
Tuesday to Friday 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday 10:30 am – 9:00 pm
OPEN KNIFE THROWING LANES RENTAL
OPTION ONE: $20 for Lane Rental Only for 60 minutes (no instruction / bring your own knives) $25 includes knife and axe rental
OPTION TWO: $35 per person for 60 minutes (includes knife/axe rental and 15 minute class)
OPTION THREE: $125/hour Private class for up to two people
Tuesday through Friday from 1:00pm to 4:30pm
Saturdays from 2:30 to 9:00pm
2017 SUMMER SEMESTER SCHEDULE (June-Sept)
5:30-8:30pm – Trial Classes (by appointment only) 5:30pm, 6:30pm & 7:30pm
5:30-6:30pm – Strength and Power 101
6:30-7:30pm – Impact Weapons 101 (Escrima stick)
7:30-8:30pm – Application and Sparring
5:30-6:30pm – Focus and Concentration 101
6:30-7:30pm – Projectiles 101 (knife throwing)
7:30-8:30pm – Competition and Ranking
5:30-6:30pm – Agility and Flexibility
6:30-7:30pm – Unarmed Combat 101 (controlled force/weapon X)
7:30-8:30pm – Focus drills and sparring
5:30-6:30pm – Speed and Endurance
6:30-7:30pm – Edged Weapons 101 (single knife)
7:30-8:30pm – Self defense applications and sparring
10:30am-12:00pm – Testing and measurement
1:00pm-2:00pm – Trial Class (Kali Lite)
2:00pm-3:30pm – Fearless 24/4 (women’s counter offensive / improvised weaponry class) [NOT ON CURRENT SCHEDULE]
ADDITIONAL SUMMER CLASSES: Available only on certain weeks due to camps and competition season. Schedules and availability will be posted.
10:30am-1:00pm – Impact and Edged Weapons
10:30am-1:00pm – Projectiles and Unarmed self defense
MEMBERSHIP TRAINING FEES (updated 6/1/2017)
(Up to 5 days/week – 15 classes/week)
[Two days (6 classes)/ week]
[One day (3 classes)/week]
Deposit: Last month tuition
(includes uniform t-shirt and kali stick)
Private classes – $125/hour
FAMILY RATES – new registrations only
(Two classes per week)
Three family members – $350/month (save $55 over regular fees)
Four family members – $425/month (save $115 over regular fees)
Five family members – $500/month (save $175 over regular fees)
(Five classes per week)
Three family members – $420/month (save $360/year over regular fees)
Four family members – $540/month (save $720/year over regular fees)
Five family members – $650/month (save $1,200/year over regular fees)
LARGE GROUP RATES
KNIFE THROWING SPECIAL DEALS! (starting August 1, 2017)
Groups of 3: $100/hour includes lane rental, instruction and knife & axe rental; $150/90 mins; $20 for each additional group member over 3. Maximum of 6 in a party.
Children’s Birthday Parties: $200/hour event for 10 children. $100/each additional hour
Rehearsal Space Rental
$50/hour for performers, dancers, magicians, choreographers, actors and auditions. Minimum two hours. 50% deposit required at time of reservation. No refunds for cancellations made within 24 hours of event.
- Precision Sport Throwing: the art of using projectiles to strike a target at a distance is an extremely useful skill in cases where the threat needs to be kept at a distance i.e. armed with a long, sharpened weapon. It is also one of the most effective exercises/drills for building focus, confidence and a respect for edged weapons.
- Survival Parkour: quadrupedal movement, balance, coordination, climbing ability, break falls, upper body strength and defensive maneuvering for escape and evasion.
- Weapon X: self defense system that focuses on quickly neutralizing an attacker through target specific techniques. Designed to incapacitate attackers without excessive force or unnecessary damage to the attacker or defender. This is taught with and without defensive tools. Coverage includes the defense and use of impact, edged, flexible and improvised weaponry.
NEW CLASSES (COMING in 2017)
- EMPATH (Non-Violent Verbal De Escalation): how to assess and talk down a potentially threatening situation without physical violence.
- Mental Strength Training: the ability to focus and concentrate on a task without fear or doubt is often the greatest obstacle in athletic or heroic performance.
- Focus & Concentration: Yoga for athletes and meditation for increased mental awareness and relaxation.
- Power & Speed Enhancement: also known as BMF (Battle Mode Fitness), this course uses bodyweight conditioning, heavy weapons training, wind sprints and controlled sparring to turn an average body into one that is prepared for battle.
- The SHOP (Specialized Tools and Implement Design and Fabrication): every modern superhero needs to know how to use tools to fix, repair or design anything that he/she uses on a daily basis or to help the community. This course allows the member to use tools such as power saws, electric drills, sanders, lathes, etc to build and repair common everyday items.
- SET (Social and Emotional Training): the ability to work together as a team to relate with others and communicate is imperative in society. These skills have to be honed and practiced so that people can work together for the greater good of humanity. By teaching students to focus on their relationships with others and how they can work together, it becomes the basis for their future successes in life as a leader.
- First Aid and CPR Training: everyone who wants to become a real superhero must learn how to save someone with true life saving techniques.
- S.H.A.R.P. (sensory honing, acuity and reflexive programming): awareness training and sensory amplification through exercises, drills, proper nutrition and technology.
- STARK Industries (Armor Fabrication): design, fabrication and testing of light duty personal body armor, cosplay and cosfxn costumes.
UPCOMING HOLIDAY DATES AND SPECIAL EVENTS for 2017
We respect and observe the Christmas, Thanksgiving and the Hanukkah season. If you need to make up dates for classes missed during this time, please inform your instructor. The studio will be closed or busy on the following days over the 2017.
- April 7-9, 2017 – International Knife Throwers Hall of Fame U.S. Nationals Knife & Tomahawk Throwing Pro Am Championships at the Superhero Foundry
- June 2017 – IKTHOF World Knife & Tomahawk Championships in Toronto Canada
- July 1-4 – Fourth of July Weekend
- Camps – July 10-28 – Day Camps 9am to 5pm
- October 14-16 – IKTHOF World Championships in Austin, TX
- August 29- Sept 10 – European National Chmapionships in Hungary
- November 11 – Shinobi Games Challenge
- November 24-27 – Closed for Thanksgiving
- December 17 – Superhero Foundry Christmas Party 6pm to 9pm
- December 24 – January 2 – Closed for Christmas Season
Private instruction available upon request. Please use the contact page to email us, or call the studio directly at 702-785-3111 to reserve your time.
* Offer good for members of Superhero Foundry only